Duty to Manage - Appointed Person (UKATA Approved) Details
Browse our calendar to find our scheduled in-house Duty to Manage - Appointed Person (UKATA Approved) course.
We have a dedicated training centre conveniently located on the Hertfordshire/Cambridgeshire border closely linked to the M11, A1, A10 and A1198.
NEW UKATA APPROVED COURSE - APPOINTED PERSON
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Regulation 4 - This regulation covers the duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises. It requires duty holders to identify the location and condition of asbestos in non-domestic premises and to manage the risk to prevent harm to anyone who works on the building or to building occupants. It also explains what is required of people who have a duty to co-operate with the main duty holder to enable them to comply with the regulation. Non-domestic premises include the common parts of domestic premises.
Persons as defined under CAR 2012, Regulation 4 will require information, instruction and training to ensure they undertake their responsibilities to ensure compliance with CAR 2012. HSG 264 requires an appointed person to assist in the management of asbestos containing materials in buildings (paragraph 14). HSG 264, requires the person appointed to be provided with the necessary skills and training for the effective management of asbestos in buildings.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Be familiar with types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and, where appropriate, items of plant;
- Be familiar with the requirements as set out in CAR 2012 and HSG 264 with regard to responsibilities;
- Understand the requirements for asbestos surveyors and the appointment of the surveyor;
- Be familiar with the results of an asbestos survey, how to decipher the information contained within the asbestos survey report;
- Understand the risk assessment process of asbestos containing materials, including material assessments and priority assessments ;
- Be able to develop an asbestos management plan including an action plan;
- Decide on the best course of action for Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) left in situ or appoint a contractor to action remedial works
- Understand which work on ACMs is required to be carried out by a licensed asbestos contractor, which work is non-licensed and which activities is notifiable non-licensed work.
- Understand the requirements to carry out asbestos removal in a proper, legal and safe manner and be able to recognise signs of poor or bad working practices.
On complete delegates will receive the UKATA Approved Duty To Manage - Appointed Persons course
Normally this course is: 3 Days
Training normally starts: 09:00 a.m. (08:30 a.m.)
Training normally finishes: 16:00 p.m.
Refreshments are provided as is free parking, however, this is limited so we ask that delegates car/van share wherever possible and in any event do not exceed the stated allocation of spaces. Please contact us if you need more spaces than have been allocated.