UKATA Duty to Manage - Appointed Person
Duty to Manage - Appointed Person
Suitable for Persons Responsible for Managing Asbestos
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Regulation 4 - This regulation covers the duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises.
Asbestos Training Limited are the first company in the UK to offer the latest asbestos management training course approved by UKATA. The Appointed Persons course has been long awaited and is required by person/s nominated to assist the Duty Holder in managing the asbestos containing materials in their buildings. We consider this to be a replacement of the P405 and is certificated by the UK’s largest training association UKATA, developed by training professionals meeting the needs of the clients. UKATA, by developing this course, has utilised the experiences of their members, giving more flexibility than rigid courses that have been used in the past.
- Be familiar with types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and, where appropriate, items of plant;
- Be familiar with the requirements as set out in CAR 2012 and HSG 264 with regard to responsibilities;
- Understand the requirements for asbestos surveyors and the appointment of the surveyor;
- Be familiar with the results of an asbestos survey, how to decipher the information contained within the asbestos survey report;
- Understand the risk assessment process of asbestos containing materials, including material assessments and priority assessments;
- Be able to develop an asbestos management plan including an action plan;
- Decide on the best course of action for Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) left in situ or appoint a contractor to action remedial works;
- Understand which work on ACMs is required to be carried out by a licensed asbestos contractor, which work is non-licensed and which activities is notifiable non-licensed work;
- Understand the requirements to carry out asbestos removal in a proper, legal and safe manner and be able to recognise signs of poor or bad working practices;
Course timings are as follows:
9:00 am - 4.00 pm (3 Days)
We also have scheduled courses running from our dedicated training centre. Costs are £600.00 + VAT per delegate, inclusive of refreshments, lunch, all course handouts, assessments, exam fees and UKATA certification.
The course can be held at your own premises; the maximum number of delegates we recommend are 10 per session.